Weather: Today: Warm, 44 degrees, partly cloudy, a little windy.
Guests: Ella’s grandparents, Ron and Nancy, and her dad Darren. Darren and Ron made the fire. Olivia and Beatrice showed Nancy around. (Thank you to all three of you for all the help watching tree climbing and buttoning Grundens too!)
Nature and Play Notes:
- Hugh found a caterpillar. It was really small and green. We brought it into the classroom and all got a chance to look at it.
- Mollie played baby. She and Alexis were the babies running away from their parents (Reuben and Kinslee).
- Olivia found a stick that looked like an axe. She hid it under the seats at the end of Forest Friday.
- Alexis went all the way to the beginning of the river with Mollie and Kinslee. They found the source of the river!
- Malaky worked in the resource room with Miss Kristen today. He made pictures for Mrs. Melcher, Mrs. Russell, Ms. Burns, and Ms. Atkins.
- Jaydon found a thousand sticks that looked like guns. He was playing Star Trek and Star Wars.
- Reuben was working on getting ice, snow, and sticks out of the little gulley with Hugh and Kinslee. They took them out so the river would run faster.
- Josie was playing in Malaky’s Sit Spot but she didn’t realize it was his Sit Spot. She took some of his pine needles out of it (and Malaky said he didn’t mind).
- Ella built a fort with her grandma in her Sit Spot.
- Kinslee had a really cozy Sit Spot and she saw a spider there.
- Beatrice played “Seven Days to Die” with Olivia and they found a lot of weapons. She hid her stick in her Sit Spot.
- Henry found a stick that had two long branches on it and one little stick. He held onto the two bigs sticks and put the tiny part through the baby Y that was near his Sit Spot. He was playing Star Troopers.
And to end: What was Josie’s birthday wish?
“That every day was Forest Friday.”
We’re with you, girl!